Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to my English 113 blog! I look forward to a great semester with everyone.

Currently, I read a lot of Dr. Seuss and children's books to my son. When I get to read for myself, I enjoy Nicholas Sparks and Nora Roberts. On Sunday mornings, I enjoy reading the Winston-Salem Journal when I have time.

I am excited to read new stories and books for this class. Recently, I obtained my first library card in over 10 years but it's so overwhelming to pick out a book when there are thousands to choose from. So, I'm hoping this class will give me some guidance when at the library in the future. Maybe I will find a new author that I really enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! Nice to meet you. I have only read one Nicholas Sparks book; Nights in Rodanthe. I also saw the movie. I preferred the book over the movie. I was able to feel what the author was trying to convey through the book rather than the movie. Hope you have a good semester.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despised that movie! The previews had my hopes up for a movie that was just as exciting as the book, especially since it starred Richard Gere and Diane Lane. I expected so much more. I've had Dear John from Netflix for the past month and can't find the time to watch it. Hoping it will be great too! I'm waiting to read the book just so the movie won't disappoint me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hated the movie! I am so glad I read the book before the movie otherwise I really don't think I would have read the book. I just felt like I got so much more from the book than the movie could EVER portray.

    ReplyDelete